Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moondog History

I did something today that I rarely do - post on the Hollywood Jimmy message board. Now before that statement causes a stink, I do not dislike Jimmy. We've always had a good relationship. What I mean is that I usually stay away from message boards, period, except Wrestling Classics.

Anyway, today on Jimmy's board there was heavy discussion about "original" Moondogs obviously stemming from today's Memphis Wrestling broadcast, which served as a tribute to Moondog Cujo and Moondogs in general due to Cujo's death. Well, technically the very first "original" Moondog was Moondog Mayne from the 1960's and 70's. So I thought I would steal Mark James' gimmick and provide a link to a nice piece of history on Moondogs.

Visit this link: http://www.lethalwrestling.com/opinions/news_content.php?fileName=711
to see a "history" of the Moondogs. It's a fun look at the lineage of the gimmick.

I think to an extent the "original" Moondogs could be classified as those who worked the territories through the years and made the name successful as opposed to indy wrestlers who have used the gimmick in recent years.