Monday, August 02, 2010

ASWF Pulls Out of XCW show AGAIN!! Sir Mo Sends In A Letter!! Coments about David Walls and Jeremy Moore!!

----I got word late last night that David Walls had pulled out of the XCW show again, but nothing was confirmed until I got this letter from Sir Mo.  
 
----Walls apparently was upset about various things including no big star being booked on Friday and some of his guys not being booked on Saturday.  I was told by one source, "Walls was just mad because Demon X was not on the card or poster." Here is the letter that Sir Mo sent in and I invite David Walls and Jeremy Moore to respond. 

I Bobby L. Horne Sr. AKA Sir Mo have dedicated the remainder of my life in a pursuit to start a promotion that will feature all the top unsigned talent in the professional wrestling world. I feel that there is a great deal of talent in the Memphis, TN/Mid South area that only needs a shot to prove that they can draw money, and contribute to this business. I created XCW for that sole purpose. I don`t have a full time set up to do my television tapings, so I thought it would be a good idea to branch out and tape my shows in venues that were already well established, and I could work jointly with promoters to help promote their company and their talent. 
I did my first taping in Newbern Tn, the crowd was pretty good, and so was the matches I thought. I had hoped Jeremy Moore would have used that opportunity to continue to get his promotion over, by angles and ideas that were set up at his show the night before and then we continued them the next day. Unfortunately Jeremy still hasn`t learned that he needs to listen to other people, especially when they risk their lives to get him over, on how to continue a storyline. But I guess he`s been in the business longer than me and knows more tha I do, so he`ll figure it out.
So then I was in a conversation with Alan Steel about where to shoot next, he and Austin Lane suggested I approach David Walls in Tuckerman and work something out there to do our next taping. After speaking to David we decided to work a joint show. I had intended to bring Shelton Benjamin in for that show, but Shelton didn`t want to travel that weekend, so he canceled. David got wind that Shelton wasn`t gonna be there and felt that without a name the show on Friday would draw, because he didn`t think Austin Lane or Alan Steele, or even Jerry Lynn as he put it, would draw money, regardless of how good of guys they were personally.  So he wanted to back out of doing the show together. I called him up, and we discussed it, I had already contacted Charlie Haas about replacing Shelton Benjamin, and only needed to purchase his plane ticket for the show. David Walls didn`t think the people of Tuckerman knew who Charlie Haas was and probbly wouldn`t come out for him. he suggested getting Buff Bagwell or Ric Steiner, but that it probably was too short notice.  

Once again thinking of the boys, and wanting the boys to get a decent payoff for once,  I suggested we spend the money on the local boys instead of spending the money on a name. So we agreed to do a two day tournament. My gut feeling kept telling me, you know what Mo you`ve been screwed too many times while trying to help other promoters, why should this be any different. well low and behold on Sunday afternoon I get a text message from one of the boys telling me to call David he was upset, apparently he didn`t see his name or none of his guys name on the poster, and thought his guys wasn`t involved in the show. By the way that`s not true, Austin Lane is one of his top guys, Terrence Ward is is Commissioner, and several of his guys were already on the brasckets for the tournament. So it was going to be a joint show that was gonna help eveyone involved including him. I`d like to think that he is the business man I spoke so highly of, in a statement that was posted on your website previously, but as it turns out, talking to some of his guys, he wasn`t even man enough to call me and say hey Mo I don`t think it will work out, because I don`t see the benefit for me and my company. Well the benefit is, your guys get to make more than  the normal 10 or 20 dollars you pay them, while paying names more money and forgetting who`s there for you every week. 

I don`t know how long my health is gonna be good, or how long I`m gonna be on this earth but I`m determined to see this through. To the guys that say to me brother whatever you want whenever you call I`ll be there. I love you and appreaciate everything you are, and have been for me in my life. For my so called friends who say they will be there, but the first question out of their mouth is what`s the po, I have been there for you when no one else was. I got you booked in WWE when no one else thought you had it in you, and you repay me by saying what`s the  po. Well the po is gonna come in the end, when the exposure gets you booked by other promoters,at a higher rate than what you are getting when you show up in Newbern TN, and these other places. This business is just like anything else, exposure and name value is what gets you the higher po. If no one knows you or wanna pay to see you, why would any promoter pay you to come work for them. If a man sees potential in you and wants to push you in an effort to create a name for you, why wouldn`t you make yourself readily available to him?  Especially considering all of these guys have driven to Memphis, TN on numerous occasions for Corey Maclin to work his television show for absolutely no money, and didn`t get a push, but here I am trying to give these guys a push and get there names out there, and all they are concerned with is what`s the po. Guys Tracey Smothers and Ricky Morton top stars in this business make there money hustling, not by asking promoters what`s the PO, they know that as long as they are on the show, they have a chance to hustle their merchandise, and that my friend is where the money is. Merchandising and Marketing. Learn the business guys. Market yourselves, create a character make tshirts, hats,pictures etc. And at the shows get out there and sale that stuff. Anyone who has ever been to a  TNA house show,  or who has ever worked for them knows, that the guys there get extra money by doing autographs and signing pictures at 20 dollars a pop at their shows.  Vince McMahon makes  the bulk of his money from Marketing and Promotions, call John Cena or Stone Cold Steve Austin, and ask them about those royalty checks, As a matter of fact, I`ve been gone from  WWE since 1996 and every 3 months I get a royalty check. It may not be as big as they were in the beginning, but they still keep coming. Guys if you don`t learn the business of promoting yourself, you`ll never be anything but a local weekend wrestler. And maybe for some that`s all they wanna be weekend wrestlers, or wanna be`s that own there own wrestling promotion and they get their rocks off by hiring and working name guys. LMAO I can`t believe I said that!!!

Alan Steele my friend and brother, I apologize for calling you the boyscout all these years. I have been a boy scout all these years letting promoters get over on me, well today the buck stops here, never again.  If I die tomorrow I`m not doing anymore favors, if you want my help or advice, the first words out of my mouth is gonna be what`s the po!!!!!

Oh and Brian I forgot in all my ranting and raving. The event in Tuckerman Arkansas has been canceled. I didn`t put the right peoples names and pictures on the poster and so they got pissed off, and wasn`t  man enough to call me, but I had to hear it word of mouth. To those who know and love me God Bless you. To those who don`t to bad, you missed out on what could have been your best friend.