Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Downtown Bruno Talks CAC!

----Bruno sent this in.





It would be hard to describe how much I enjoyed being at the CAC event for this year, particularly being honored by my peers.  My table consisted of  Jerry Brisco. Ted Dibiase, Sunny, Brian Blair and myself. It was great to be with Roddy Piper, Sgt Slaughter, Jake Roberts, Rick Martel and Mick Foley - who were also in attendance.  Many others were like Raven, Lord Zoltran, Kizarney, The Kat, Dominic Denucci, several of the Hart Brothers, JJ Dillon, Terry Funk and sooo many more.  I can only stop now before I lose my mind trying to recall everybody!  The food was great, the beer was cold and the weather was nice.  It was very professionally run event and I was proud to be honored by the organization.  In the last five years I have received [not to brag..but I am proud] a plague of appreciation for my years of service to Memphis Wrestling, 3 referee of the year awards, 2 Hall of Fame inductions and now CAC mangers award.  There's really only one left!!Hopefully these awards will be a springboard or at least a push in that direction if you know what I mean.  Oh, also at my table was Terry Funk and his lovely wife and Ricky Steamboat.  I accidentally forgot to mention Brisco in my speech, which he will never let me live down!!  Sorry FGB!!