Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Corey Fears BT!!

----In the best interest of my readers, when I heard that Corey Maclin was going to be on Wrestling Informer Weekly this week, I wrote Trent Van Drisse [who is the guy in contact with Corey] and ask if I could be one of the hosts of the show this week.

Trent responded “Let me run that by Horace and get back to you, I may run it by Maclin too. Don't want to "ambush" him. If they're cool with it, all I ask is you not disrespect him. We ask some tough questions, but at the same time are respectful towards the guests. Trent”

I then wrote “Oh I would not disrespect him. I would be happy to come up with 5 "tough" questions and offer them to him to answer.”

“Hey Brian, I just spoke to Corey Maclin. He said no about having you come on the show. He didn't know who you were, so i explained it to him, and he just said he's not into what one guy on the internet is saying about him and Memphis wrestling, he's trying to please thousands of fans that have been entertained for 40 years or more, and the TV station, and the advertisers. But at least I did run it by him for you. But by all means come in the chat during the show, or submit questions to the WIW show e-mail at winformerweekly@yahoo.com and we'll try to ask at least a couple of them.”

“What did you say?? LOL I have legit questions and I find it funny that he seems to be intimidated about answering real questions. I will send along the five questions that I attended on asking. You guys can do it the way you want. “

“Well, I wouldn't use the word "intimidated" really, more just he wasn't interested. Said he doesn't care what someone writes on the internet about him, and he said something about you'd be looking to promote yourself in that kind of a debate. I told him you had a website that followed and covered the west Tennesse scene in closely, and that sometimes you were critical of Maclin, and Memphis wrestling, but sometimes said good stuff about it too, but that you'd probably be asking more "tough" style questions of him. I said you used to promote and wrestle some, and that Lawler knew you. I told him i'd give him the addy of your site if he wanted to check it out, but again, he just wasn't interested in it.”

"Thanks bro...I will to have questions to you before the show. I will be there for the chat and write up the show. I also plan to use some stuff in these letters probably in the report.

Also.. "I told him i'd give him the addy of your site if he wanted to check it out, but again, he just wasn't interested in it."

He would not take the address of the site?? LOL Honestly I think he was working you on that one -- he has been to the site.

There is truth in everything you said and him. I would have ask more tough questions and yes it would have been to help the site get hits. But, in no way would I have been disrespective. Maclin is a major player in this area. I think though he is going to have better his product if he wants to continue to have ratings in the long run with the time change."


----So, I then e-mailed these questions for the show.

Corey Questions
--Why are you not doing house shows??

--Why no programs for “Picture Perfect” and Dustin Starr??

--Even though the ratings are lower, are you happy about them so far??

--Why does Grady Watson get a bigger push than some of the young guys??

--Why no singles title besides the Jr Title like the Southern Title, which had years of history.

----Do you think those are hard questions?? Not really. Does Corey fear BT?? Nah, it just made for a good title for the article. LOL