Thursday, December 21, 2006

Get My Point? by Randy Cresswell



Sorry for last week’s no column, I doubt it was missed that much. I have a very hard week and a half, so if I am short this week on the column, so be it.

I have to give a shout out the 4 teams at the Armageddon PPV who really put their bodies on the line to give the fans something they haven’t seen in awhile if they watch WWE solely, something worth watching. I hate the Mercury went out like that, but that is the danger of Ladder matches and WWE better give him a respectable spot in two months when he gets back on the road again.

Someone posted on a message board that reading the TNA Spoilers is like reading WCW Thunder. While I haven’t seen the spoilers, I can agree TNA has a few Thunder like spots on the show that I think they could shape a little better. They also really need to get a better taping schedule. If taping costs THAT much money, they may need to look around some places, I am sure with the name they have now that Angle is with them, they can get a better deal. None the less though, this is the time I say once again that if TNA wants to take the next step in their evolution, they need to do it now with WWE fans waning as hard as they are.

WWE really needs to make Wrestlemania look at something to look at, normally by this time the buzz is high on the next huge match, but lets be honest. John Cena Vs Triple H (a rumored Main Event), that isn’t going to make someone go buy a ticket that quickly. While many people of crapping on it, fans will buy for Hogan and Hogan/Show match wouldn’t be that bad of an idea for the hardcore WWE fan. There was a rumor back that Stone Cold wants to be involved with Wrestlemania, just not wrestling. To be honest, SCSA sells with just his name these days.

They need to do two things with ECW, fix it or dump it. Said and done.

Ok, that is all I have to say this week. I would talk about the 3 hour RAW, but I didn’t watch it and after reading the results, I am glad I didn’t it. I can at least say that the 3 hour RAW wasn’t WWE’s idea, but USA Network’s. So, can’t blame WWE on that one.

Take Care