Tuesday, December 05, 2006

RassleBits: Big Rumor, Maclin Ratings, Flash, NWA Battlezone, Creasy, RAW, Vanity and Gates

----Big rumor the last few days is that the Mid-South Coliseum show on 12.30.06 will feature Doug Gilbert/Sid Vicious vs Jerry Lawler/Hulk Hogan. Not sure the truth of this, but if it isn’t Hogan, then look for it to be a major WWE star. Also, if it is going to be Hogan, then look for them to shoot an angle this coming weekend at the Walmart appearance.

----Corey Maclin told the boys Saturday at TV that the ratings for the last show was bad. The reason he felt they were bad was because they are not running house shows. As I have written in the past, Memphis Wrestling TV ratings do not = a good crowd. And, unlike in the past, Maclin will be running major shows on Saturday nights – same night as the show airs.

----Flash Flanagan worked for Tony Falk’s USWO last Friday night as he teamed with Matt Dillenger to beat Ruffhouse Jordan/Mark Anthony. Also a few other familiar names from the Memphis area were in the main event as Matt Korbaine/Chase Stevens/Arrick Andrews beat Shawn Shultz/Chris Michaels/Michael Jabolonski with Quinton Quarisma. Well, hell, Chris Michaels was on TV teaming with Chris O’Neal Saturday – that is what Corey Maclin said anyway.

----NWA Battlezone news from 12.02.06 in Magee, MS had some local guys working also. Cassanova Kidd beat Kross and “Prime Time” Nick Grymes in a triple threat elimination match; Bonecrusher beat Rick Morgan and Izzy Rotten vs Jesse Dalton had a dog collar chain match for the NWA MS Championship in which Rotten retained the belt. I was told the crowd was loud and rowdy. Also the main event was bloody with Izzy ending it wrapping the chain around a chair and giving Jesse a DVD onto it.

----Steve Creasy is at it again. He is promising an April return date for CCW. Did he not promise me he was not using that name again?? Hey, Steve, you are a liar!!!! But, I am not – if you plan to promote as CCW I will cover your shows, but I will call it as I promised – “So from this point on the old promotion is dead and in my mind and the mind of my readers your promotion will be called SSAWP – “Steve ‘s Stupid Ass Wrestling Promotion”.”

----I did watch the HHH/Michaels/Hardys vs MNM/Edge/Orton 8-man tag. It has been months since I have actually watched anything on RAW. I enjoyed it as I like all 8 guys, but Michaels looks old and hardly does anything anymore. He also looks funny with no hair on his chest. I like Kenny Doane too, but they can kill him how many times??

----Vanity sent me results and link from the WEW PPV she worked this past weekend in Philly. Vanity was featured in the first HIGH FIVE. The site said the following about her match, “This was followed by a “Devil’s Advocate” Match: Vanity The Duchess Of Desire" with Lucy Furr against the former Thai “Killer” Weed, now T.H.A.I. (Teaching His Almighty Influence). The highlight of this match was when Lucy Furr got on the ring apron with THAI’s Bible, shrieking, “I stole your Bible! I stole your Bible!” She then played “Keep Away” with THAI until Vanity went to hit THAI with her mirror. THAI ducked and pinned Vanity after hitting her with what must have been the “Clothesline from Heaven.” " Click the link above for all the results and pics.

----I also talked with KC Gold about the MAW attendance. 120 to 150 were at the show, but only about 50 paid. It seems they got to many people getting in for free. Gold said he is going try to get a handle on that. I was also told 100 at the TIWF show last Friday night?? Anybody else at that show?? Good for them with close to a $500 gate.