Thursday, January 18, 2007

“Get My Point?” by Randy Cresswell

Hello all, this is Randy Cresswell or as everyone has known me as for the past 6 years, “The Suit” Scotty C©, and it is time for a new column and new perspective on WWE, TNA, and even the Mid-South area as well. I want to make a quick note though that I am proud of the comments BG James made as I was told and read for myself that, even though VKM does not like DX or McMahon, he took the time to say something along the lines of, “That he hates to see a man down and hopes a quick recovery.” Rather what VKM was doing was fun amongst friends in two promotions or just hatred between all of them, those are still great comments to make live on PPV about a competition’s talent. Kudos.

The debut of Monty Brown on WWEcw was…entertaining at least…especially since it was against another former TNA star in Cassidy Riley with Mike Posey, former TNA Referee, calling the match. It wasn’t IMPACT or even the old two hour PPVs, we had a classic TNA Xxplosion match on ECW…wow.

Someone once told me that imitation is the best form of flattery, I guess that is true. That is defiantly the best way to look at it.

Speaking on imitations, what a Wrestlemania possibility in Hogan Vs Khali to make you think Wrestlemania 3 with Hogan and Andre! Does it? NO, it does not; all Hogan and Khali make me think is what part of the PPV I will make sure I miss. I will say this though, Hardys Vs MNM at Wrestlemania over some Tag Team Titles, you could even add current champs Kendrick and Londan into the fray and it have it be a classic TLC three way contest, I’m sure that would be awesome to see.

Over on the Midsouth board, seems everyone is getting TV these days. Which is odd because for some of the promotions, they all work with each other or use the same talent anyways, so what is the use. What is even sadder, which someone made this a point on the board, that Nashville has talent spread across, but it seems more promotions equals less of a chance for true talent to shine while it leaves opportunity for people who shouldn’t be in there the chance to be in a ring and stink it up horribly. It is even worse when you see that type of talent sitting in the stands of these local shows. Going to a WWE event is one thing, most of the people who are in the business or “try” to be in it, may never get any closer to WWE LIVE than buying a ticket and watching the show. I have heard a whole lot of people rib people over seeing them on TV at a WWE show, but for some…that is as close as you can get.

Over in the Memphis area, there seems to be only two steady running promotions; that being Memphis Wrestling and MAW. Memphis Wrestling looks to be finally running an event, though in Jackson, TN. I could see people in Memphis making the 45 minute trip if they really wanted to see it. MAW on the other hand is running again on January 28th at the New Daisy Theater. Raven will be there once again in a Heavyweight Title match. I’ll be at the MAW event as normal and hopefully we will see how the night goes. I’ll have an extremely busy night because after MAW, I get to go to Murphy’s for my brother and cousin’s bands set. They shall rock hard.

Back to Wrestling, I am glad to know that some of the people I have talked to lately have been on board with what I am doing here lately in Memphis with the wrestling programs I am apart of and about to be apart of. I won’t go into a certain name, but someone I talked to on the ole MySpace gave me great advice yesterday and has always given me great advice and I just want to thank that person for everything they have done for me from when I started in this business to now. Thank You.

See you next time with another “Get My Point?”.