Tuesday, January 23, 2007

RassletBits: Yearbook, Sir Mo, more Awards Aftermath, DVD releases, Starr NBW meeting, RassleTube and Spell/Lawler

----I made a few mistakes on the yearbook and I have tried to correct them. The gates changed a big with a Henderson, TN show actually drew $4,400 gate. I also added few more notes in the yearly run down.

----NBW booker Sir Mo is featured on wwe.com in the Royal Rumble feature. It states “The Superstar with the shortest time in the Rumble Match is The Warlord with two seconds in 1989. In 1995, the next shortest times belonged to Mo and Owen Hart who each lasted three seconds.

----In my article, “Awards Aftermath”, there are three more guys that I left out that I would consider in top singles listing. Check it out by clicking on the article.

----My January DVD releases are both been put on hold and will hopefully be put on next month. “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony “As Good As Gold” is being delayed as I am waiting on an Anthony vs Bagwell bout. The TLCW “The First Big Show of The Year 2007” will be released as soon as the video of the show can be found. If anyone that reads this on a regular basis videoed the show, drop me a line.

----Apparently there was a NBW dressing room meeting about the pay rate of Dustin Starr [pictured with his "Horizon" Trophy]. Sir Mo pretty much told everyone to not worry about what Starr was making. Starr received his regular pay and then Mo gave him some extra on his debut night. It was reported that Starr walked in during the middle of the discussion. He sat down and then asked to say something and said, “Yeah I make twice as much as you guys do, AND I ate two hot dogs for free!!!" LOL Now if he said that --- that is funny!!

----I have added lots of videos in the last few days to RassleTube. I have Memphis Wrestling stuff all way up to the tag team title change this past Saturday. I plan to try to have it up soon. Speaking of youtube.com, this dude has tons of old Memphis stuff posted on his channel also. There is an interview where Tommy Rich turns in Memphis that is so classic!!

----It was reported on the Trent Van Drisse’s message board that Spellbinder and Jerry Lawler “kiss and made up” at the Jackson, TN show at the Palace. Lawler seem to be cool with everything, but he probably had to hear Spell saying, “I was just putting you over man.” Have you not read the Spellbinder shoot?? CLICK HERE to read it.