Saturday, February 10, 2007

Moondog Cujo Debuts for Memphis Wrestling - Chris Booker Responds!!!

----I have very little info from the tapings at this moment, but do know they taped two shows. And, I do know they used Cujo Moondog. If you have been a visitor of my site since the start, then you know how much I hate the Moondog bullshit. I have covered it in length with an article about Larry Booker [Spot Moondog] and also met with his son [Chris Booker] [pictured] and did a story with him on the subject. I find it very distasteful and it just shows the ignorance of Corey Maclin and Jerry Lawler in doing this type of thing. I know a lot of you are probably saying, “well it’s just wrestling”, but at some point you have to draw the line. The only way I would even consider this a smart thing to do, would have Chris Hollywood [Booker] come in and do an angle with Cujo being a heel. But, the little bit I do know about the taping, I believe they put him over big as a babyface. I e-mailed Chris for comment and this is what he sent me……

“I reviewed the "Remembering The Moondogs" tribute show that Cory and Lawler made up and they did say that there would not be any more Moondogs in Memphis Wrestling. (I have the tape.) Sorry yes I think it is pretty sorry for them to do that and yes I know that Moondog Spot was not the original Moondog. But he was one of the first and he did come from the WWWF. So that means he made the rest of these MOTHERFUCKERS. So out of respect for Moondog Spot they should just drop it.”