Friday, March 30, 2007

RassleBits: Morgan Lane, Fifi, Ron Spence, Kraven and MAW!!!!

----Morgan Lane has been removed from the Arkansas Championship Wrestling roster due to the fact that he wrestled on the ASWF benefit show in Paragould. It is funny when I look back at the stupid shit I did as a promoter worried about what people were doing and asking them not to work certain shows. But, remember this – this was a benefit show and Morgan Lane appearing did nothing to hurt ACW.

----That was the original Fifi – Diane Von Hoffman - on Memphis Wrestling this past Saturday. I have been told the guy working TIWF [Rex who was the last guy as Larry Booker’s partner] has also contacted Memphis Wrestling about coming in as a Moondog. Grady Watson has been managing Cujo and I was told is asking $100 for him to come in a manage. OMG!!!

----Ron Spence, who ran the NWF show that I attended in Paragould, AR with the Midnight Express, has applied with the AWA and looks to be running the first AWA/NWF show on July 12, 2007. He is trying his best to get AWA World Lightweight champion Krazy K Kirby Mack in to wrestle Austin Lane. The main event will have Buff Bagwell vs Disco Inferno. He will also be using Damien of Disciples of Sinn. I am really not sure if the AWA name means anything to anyone except hardcores in this area, but it will be interesting to see if he can draw with the bigger names. I plan to be at the show.

----Kraven Moorehead sent a letter telling me that he actually did get in a fight with a fan during the MAW worked shoot. I have also been told that the fan was trained by Snowman and he should have known better. Kraven said the following – Hey B.T.! I want to tell you that I did get into a fight with a fan, but he hit me first. He got mad a Derrick, Poker and me and pushed Derrick and ran straight for me. He grabbed my neck and swung at me so I grabbed him back and started punching him. Everybody broke it up and I went to the back. Then I hear Derrick back on the mic and I hear him telling people to get away from him. I didn't know that he had run onto the balcony. So I went back out to try to find him, when I did the same guy who started the fight with me came back at me so I hit him with a chair. Then Morton who at the time was trying to climb the balcony from the ground level hopped down and ran at me and tackled me. I fish hooked him till everyone kicked him off of me.” Just the thought of Kraven fishhooking anyone cracks me up!! The best I can tell from everyone is that it was a worked shoot, but the MAW took it too personally. I am really hoping it helps MAW draw a crowd.

----Another note on the piece that I posted – it was an Arena Report by Clinton Boyland and after I posted it, I was unable to edit it. Kraven’s name was spelled wrong and he was also listed as a Memphis Wrestling wrestler and in truth, he is not.