Monday, April 02, 2007

Trent Van Drisse - Letter about Matt Boyce

----I really have tons to say after reading this letter, but want to give all the readers of this site the opportunity to read this and send in any comments - for or against. I should have a followup posted by the weekend.

Hey Brian, what did I say exactly that was bullshit? After you called it bullshit, you basically went thru and confirmed what I said. I don't know Matt Boyce, couldn't pick him out of a crowd. The part about him being a young green kid and the feeling was he didn't deserve to be at the Smackdown taping, that came directly from someone who was there last Tuesday. That was their impression of him.

How is it bad you ask? Well, I'll tell ya. I was told by another very reliable source that Bert Prentice is "totally in love" with this Boyce kid, and I don't mean as a wrestler either! The only reason Boyce was at the Smackdown tapings was cuz Bert has the hots for him! It's the old casting couch, whatever you want to call it. I'm not saying or suggesting Boyce has done anything with Bert, but Bert has a crush on him. That's why he's on the "list" currently, soon as this passes, he'll be off of it. This has zero to do with "working hard", unless.....Ahh never mind This has happened so many times before it isn't even funny, and to me it's just creepy as Hell. Bert's had so many young guys he's taken a "fancy" to as "flavors of the month", as it's called around here in Nashville, that he could open his own chain of Baskin Robbins'! What I'm saying is I just hope Boyce doesn't think he's the first, or will be the last. It's the same exact pattern over and over and over and over. I could care less if Boyce is straight or gay, it's none of my business, but if it was me, as a straight guy, if I knew I was getting bookings like that cuz some gay guy wanted me, well I'd be running in the other direction and damned fast. But, I've seen this happen time and time again in wrestling too, otherwise straight guys being flirty with gay wrestling promoters for a push, or money, or whatever they're trying to get from them. It's seedy and unsavory business all the way around for sure.

Far as the camp thing goes, I just think people need to be honest about what it was, and what it wasn't. What it mainly was was a money making opportunity for Prentice and Bucci. That was the point of it. It must have done well for them cuz their doing another one in Nashville the end of April. Now that being said, can someone attending a camp like that gain a benefit from it? Of course, they can learn, and be seen, and if they get a booking out of it, like the Smackdown tapings, then the camp pays for itself, and they got to make some contacts. That's all well and good, but the real purpose should never be lost sight of, that it's there for Bucci and Bert to get a payday. That is what you seem to be wanting to sweep under the rug, not sure why. Several workers in this area think that anyone who paid money to attend that camp is just a mark. Now, are those people just jealous and wrong, or do they have something of a point? Another point is Bucci's position at OVW is said to be on thin ice, so it may not help them anyhow, but I totally understand about following a dream and taking a shot, but it needs to be the right shot. You can print this on your site if you wish.

Trent Van Drisse - Mid-Southern Message Board