Thursday, May 31, 2007

RassleRamblings 5.31.07

----I watched some OVW over the weekend and Kenny Bolin mentioned Eddie Marlin and Mr. Coffee!! LOL I loved it!! I plan on doing a feature on the shows sometime in the near future…It was Koko that used the chain, not Corey Maclin during the “Sam’s Town” Show with Koko/Maclin vs Assassins in the Texas Death Match. Jimmy Hart also whipped Sal Corrente with a strap all the way to the dressing room. Nothing is in stone with Memphis Wrestling, but looks like they might building something with Sal/Hart. I have even been told 150 as a crowd number, but I will stick with my original number…I came across a blog by Michael Humphreys, which I think some of you will find an interest in. I liked it...I do not cover MMA for various reasons – mainly because this is a RASSLIN site!!! But Dave Meltzer had some interesting facts about TV and drawing crowds today “Spike sent out a press release today noting that Thursday's Ultimate Fighter drew more than double the audience of game one of the Stanley Cup on Monday night. Game one of the Stanley Cup drew a 0.75 rating and 769,000 viewers. That also means IFL on Mondays averages considerably more than the Stanley Cup game one. Yet hockey packs arenas every night. Another example that TV ratings and ticket sales are completely different animals.” I have said the same thing in the past about Memphis Wrestling…Loose Cannon actually printed his “Why I am leaving ACW” letter on Trent Van Drisse’s board. Take a look and you might see why I did not print the letter. Cannon actually wrote me after I posted the ACW story to say that he is not quitting, just taking time off?? WTF?? Damn, he keeps me confused.