Thursday, June 07, 2007

Why do I keep thinking about PP??

----I have written the last few days about the TLCW/Picture Perfect split and spent probably more time than I needed thinking about it. TLCW is in the process of launching their biggest project to date – a weekly cable access TV show. The show is going to be a full time job for Derrick King and his booking committee. If you look at it from TLCW’s POV, then they have to plan their TV show around the current roster and knowing their talent are going to be there week in and week out. But, even though I do want to see WHY they may want to do that, I do still think I would use PP.

----I have also been told by more than one person that they feel PP will not stay long at NBW, because of the friendship that exists with Jon Michael/Derrick King. “He [Jon] eats lunch every day at Derrick’s house!!” said one source. So, I see this more of an “I can throw a rock better than you” type of thing, where you see Michael maybe doing this move for a bit of spite.

----“They will be back!!” another source said. And that is a good point, how long will PP work at NBW?? Who will they work?? If they are babyfaces, then they will have good opponents in Kilo/Mark Justice. Christian Jacobs has experience working both guys and actually helped train Justice a bit. If they are heels, who do they work?? Team X is real small and PP would look like giants against them. Tank is a big guy, but he would need a partner that moves at his speed. [ala “Genocide”]. Maybe Mo?? I don’t know!! I am being armchair booker again.

----The final factor to figure in all of this is the fact that Christian Jacobs seems to want to focus more on the Nashville area and Jon Michael wants stay in this area. I believe both are personal reasons. I believe NBW would use Jon Michael as a singles if Jacobs decided to stay in Nashville.

----All and all, I do consider this a good fit for everyone involved. TLCW does not have to worry and NBW will get fresh talent on days that PP is available whether it be just Michael or both.