Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cheap Heat- 10.25.07 by Gene Jackson

WRESTLING LEGENDS CLUSTERFEST...COMING SOON TO A TOWN NEAR YOU

What the hell is the deal with all these fucked up legend shows and conventions. It seems every other week someone is promoting some big wrestling legends show or fanfest that turns out to be a complete disaster with the wrestlers AND the fans getting screwed. Do these people just get in over their head? or do they go into it knowing they are gonna take whatever money they can get and bail on the whole thing? Say what you want about Sal (and will later in the column) but those WrestleReunions he did didn't turn out that way, the shows with through as planned with everyone getting what they were promised, fans and wrestlers (or at least from all accounts I've ever heard) So that's pretty impressive when you see what clusterfucks these others turn into. There's been three in just the past few weeks, that thing up in Indiana or Kentucky or wherever it was, then the shit in Little Rock, the one last week in San Francisco and the bad thing is that all it does is make it harder on the legitimate people who want to actually run one. The guys get burned a few times so then it makes them more demanding and skeptical of promoters. The fans get burned by shelling out for expensive tickets and then not getting who they were promised so now they are not likely to go to the next one. This is part of what gives wrestling it's sleazy reputation cause there are so many con artists, crooks, and scum bags that use it to rip people off and try to make a quick buck. It happens on the large and small scale. On the local level I know a lot of promoters who have had hell running certain towns that used to draw but they couldn't get a building cause the last person ran off without paying the rent, or they can't get on the local tv station because some asshole promoter stiffed them years ago, or you get the building and you can't draw cause somebody ran a shit show with a bunch of untrained idiots and killed the town. Well enough about that, not like it's ever gonna change....


SPEAKING OF SAL CORRENTE.............

I admittedly was one of his more vocal critics when the whole Lawler case unfolded and really just assumed he was some indy manager trying to make a name for himself (not saying that's entirely untrue) but the fact is the more I read his columns (which I enjoy) I see he does have a history in the business and has been around a long time and done a lot of different things (the most amusing being carrying Vince's bags) Anyways, I was kinda skeptical when I heard he was joining the site, afraid that it would be a weekly rehash of the Lawler/Memphis ordeal but I have to admit he writes some interesting stuff and it's cool to learn some about his background in wrestling, although seeing how long he's been around and some of the people he's worked with and things he's been involved with make the whole lawsuit thing more baffling, all and all I have to say I think that Sal is a great additition to the site and would like to extend a belated welcome to him.




DIDN'T KNOW BRIAN WAS AN AWESOME KONG FAN

I must admit I'm one of the people BT was reffering to in his last column that asked "why couldn't it have been one of the other women whose tits fell out?" In response to him as far as why I said that, it could be her striking resemblence to one of the lunch ladies at my high school, I didn't want to see her tits fall out either. Although, I did get footage of a match from Japan with Amazing (Awesome) Kong taking on Nattie Neidhart that I plan to post as the 'Cheap Heat Match of the Week' on friday.




INSTANT HEAT...JUST PICK A NAME AND POST


I don't get it.....I seriously don't get it. These people go on message boards and talk shit under fake names and so-called PROFESSIONAL wrestlers and promoters will sit there and argue with these assholes and put them over for weeks and weeks. It's sad when some faceless prick has more heat than anyone on your show cause you sit there and put him over on a freakin' message board. Am I the only one who sees the stupidity in this?? It's bad enough when column writers sit and put over every negative message that get's posted about them but then you have these people wasting pages and pages of space arguing about whether some pussy is gonna show up at there show that doesn't draw shit anyway. Who cares?? They get on there on sunday and brag about how the person didn't show up, well no shit, they don't have the balls to put their damn name on the internet, is there really any chance at all they will show up face to face? Everyone just looks stupid when they put these people over, that is why I'm not even mentioning any of the names here cause I refuse to put these assholes over for being internet pussies. Nor will you see anyone here offer to let them write their own column. Mind blowing, fucking mind blowing.


RANDOM THOUGHTS

Ok, so here is just a bunch of random stuff that doesn't get it's own paragraph. Jim Cornette is finally gonna marry his long time fiance known in wrestling circles as Synn on halloween night, congrats to the Louisville Slugger, If BT likes Awesome Kong, I'm sure he's fan of Synn, lol.......People think I hate the Rock & Roll Express and that's really not the case, I loved them growing up, I just can't see myself shedding a tear for them because they were too stupid to make the most out of what they were given in their heyday. With all the money they made back in the day it's sad that these guys and others like them are in the state they are now. Hopefully they can find a life after wrestling and do something besides try to live off their 80's stardom....Triple H and Stephanie are celebrating their 4th anniversary soon, congrats to another happy couple.......So it looks like ECW will live on after being renewed by Sci-Fi, now if WWE would just get serious about establishing it as it's own brand maybe it could be successful.....CM Punk is really over and could really be a break out star on that show along with John Morrison, both would be stuck in the mid-card on RAW but could really become main event established stars if handled right on ECW....Why was it such a big deal that Austin briefly mentioned TNA in an interview with David '!-800-Collect" Arquette and then WWE.com took it down, people acted like it was some grand conspiracy or something. Why is that so shocking?..I just got the new 4 disc Juggalo Championshit Wrestling Slam TV dvd set in today and have it on while I'm typing this. The wrestling is not very good but the commentary is freakin' hilarious, check it out if you get a chance......On the flipside of the 'happy couples' mentioned earlier Bret Hart recently divorced his second wife, I wonder if he's blame Vince McMahon??

Well that's all for today. I apologize for my lack of posting but I've got the holidays and an inventory coming up at work so I haven't had much free time lately.

Also as I go to post this I just read about DC and Brandy, I wish them both a speedy recovery and hopefully there's no long term serious effects from the accident.

genejackson@charter.net


GENE