Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Piece of my Mind-Dec 5th,2007 by "The Big Cheese" Sal Corrente


I have never been a fan of The Undertaker gimmick to any real extent. If you talk to the fan in me, I couldn’t stand it when he beat Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka at Wrestlemania. It stands to reason that I would not be a big fan of the Kane character either. I know this may be strange but I always enjoyed Paul Bearer. I guess it’s the facial expressions many times that are the final decider for me. I am resigned to the fact that Kane and The Undertaker will be in WWE as long as they want to be not withstanding some incident that right now I can’t imagine. I would do one thing different though. I would put the mask back on Kane. I can remember years ago everyone knew what Tim “Mr. Wrestling” Woods looked like but he still wore the mask from time to time. It wasn’t about hiding identity but for what it symbolized. I always thought that the Kane character was weakened when that mask came off. I believe putting it back on could breath life back into a floundering character. You might even sell a mask or two or a hundred thousand of them.

How about Awesome Kong? Is she something else or what? I would have to say that WWE missed the boat on this one. This lady is impressive ... really impressive. I just hope that she gets booked right and is given every chance to continue to make an “IMPACT”.
It looks like Talia Madison is going to do very well in TNA. I used her on a WrestleReunion event to manage Rhino and Matt Hardy against Team-3D. I could see right then and there that what I had heard was probably true. I couldn’t understand why she hadn’t been picked up. It appears that TNA has made some good decisions regarding the talent for the women’s division. I am sure merchandising should do ok, but historically women just don’t draw you any money. Although I will say there is nothing historic about Awesome Kong I just wonder "could she make a difference at all"? I won’t hold my breath but I wouldn’t be surprised if she helped the cause. The girls had a great night on the PPV. It might come to pass in TNA just like it did when the Jumping Bomb Angels were working The Glamour Girls that none of the boys wanted to follow them. Well if Dixie Carter can’t make it with TNA maybe she can find David McLane and bring back GLOW.

The segment with Mr. Kennedy is one of these stupid time wasting segments we have to put up with to satisfy someone’s sense of humor. So what if Shawn super kicks a bunch of guys no one knows anything about and were poor excuses for the real guys that were mocking? If the Mr. Kennedy segment was a necessary segment how about trying this approach. You can take a guy like Derrick King and have him turn the tables on Shawn and let him super kick Shawn. There isn’t anyone in the building that didn’t already know Derrick King was that would see that coming and then Mr. Kennedy could really go to town. How about something fresh? Try it you might actually find people not dozing off during Raw.

So next week is the fifteenth anniversary of Monday Night Raw. Does that mean we are going to be treated to some real spectacular show? I think that the WWE really needs to deliver on this one. This is one of those times when we are normally let down. I hope that is not the case. I have three hours allotted for next Monday night and I don’t want to waste them. You only have a few days left do something to entertain people.

The picture this week was taken at a PrePaid Legal Services conference. It is of Vladimir Koloff on the left. He worked a lot of indies with Ivan managing him and “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff. I will talk more about Vladimir in later articles. This could have been a pretty impactful team that never actually got a chance to happen.

This has been a piece of my mind

“The Big Cheese” Sal Corrente