Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flashback 8.4.78

----Here is one of my favorite wrestling collectables. Not sure if the date comes out very clear, but it is August 4, 1978, which was my very first live wrestling event. This was handwritten and photocopied as you can see. It was then stuck into the programs. It only lists three matches and it doesn’t even have the town, so I am assuming they would do the same three main matches around the horn and use the same program insert. This was from Blytheville, AR. As you can see, my mom kept results from that night and scratched out the no-shows. Bearcat Brown beat “The Kisser”, Jack Welch/?? lost to Jack Welch/”Porkchop” Cash and Jerry Lawler beat John Louie. For those that don’t know it – “The Kisser” was HTM Wayne Ferris doing a Kiss gimmick with makeup designed borrowed from all four members with a suit like Gene Simmons. Lawler would do his makeup. No-shows that night were Steve Kyle and Hans Schroeder. If I can remember correctly Boyer and Welch were a tag team at one time?? Maybe they did tag here?? I also remember Boyer being a good worker and Welch was not bad. Somebody help me here!!

----Just wanted to note that the Bobby Jaggers interview will continue when I can find rest of it. LOL No kidding..I should have made sure it was all in one stack of junk before I starting posting it, but we will conclude it ASAP.