Thursday, January 10, 2008

Local Tragedy Coverage

----Sources have confirmed that Nick Haplin from Kenton, TN who was training on Sunday afternoon with Motley Cruz did die. Other things are not clear at this point.

---I did talk with Brian Steele, who was not helping to train him – just doing flips and such with him, today and he stated that. “I talked with an investigator today and she said she has not even spoken to the family so I don't know how or where you heard they were planning to press charges.” So, we are back to square one when whether any charges will be filed. I am also not sure where other sites are reporting that this story has been on the news and such. If you have a news site or a newspaper article, then please forward it.

----The investigators did go up to the NBW Arena building and take photos yesterday. They also just questioned Jeremy Moore and Jeff McDonald about what had happened.

----As I reported yesterday, the negligence of this case can not be proved or blamed on NBW or trainers. This guy could have an existing condition that no one knew about. One of my fears is that the wrong person would be trying to get a case like this and twisted it around. If so, then you will find lawmakers trying to regulate wrestling in Tennessee just because of one case. And yes, things like that happen every day. This also in no way lessens the importance of human life. This is a very sad incident and my heart goes out to the Haplin family. My support for Brian Steele, who was shaken a bit over the incident, and Haplin’s trainer Motley Cruz also.

----There has also been speculation on whether they will run a show this weekend or not, and at this moment I was told there will be a show Saturday night.

CLICK HERE as NBW has posted something on their site.