Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Local Wrestling Tragedy

----Details are real sketchy, but here is what I know. A 28 year old male named Nick was training on Sunday at NBW Arena with Motley Cruz and Brian Steele. After taking some bumps, he was complaining that he was tired. Motley had told him to sit down for a minute. Brian Steele was talking with him and then he is trying to get this guy to wake up. An ambulance was called and the guy was taken to the hospital. At the time that Steele left the emergency room, the guy still had not woke up.

----I am being told by some sources that they are not sure whether this guy is dead or alive. A few people have said they are not sure. Others have stated that yes, this guy died of brain trauma. I also talked with some directly involved with the NBW promotion and he knew less than I did yesterday afternoon.

----I am being told that Nick did sign waivers and such, so that is a good thing for NBW. It is a sad situation and I hate to hear news like this. Even though the courts [if charges were pressed] may find some kind of negligence in this, I can only say that this could happen to anyone whether you are a trained wrestler or a wrestler in training. If you took a bump wrong or just twisted wrong, you could end up paralyzed for life.

----I will try to keep everyone up to date on this situation as I hear more news.