Friday, April 18, 2008

TNA PPV comes to the Mid-South, Eaton & More!

I'm sure Brian Tramel will have more on this later today, but I just read on www.pwinsiderelite.com that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will hold its Slammiversary PPV on June 8th in Southaven, Mississippi at the Desoto County Civic Center.

The pay-per-view will mark the sixth anniversary of TNA. Yes, you read that right - SIXTH anniversary. Let's all be honest. How many of us in the summer of 2002 gave TNA much of a chance to last one year, much less six? I certainly was one of the majority who didn't give the promotion a true chance.

Should be interesting to see if there is any relation between TNA and Memphis Wrestling out of this. It would be good local promotion for TNA to be seen on MW, even if it is just commercials. Or who is to say that, based on recent relationships between Corey Maclin and WWE, that Maclin changes the re-run format to show TNA matches of some sort. Never say never, but it is interesting to see TNA putting on one of its biggest two pay-per-views, the other being October's Bound for Glory, in the Mid-South market.

Will fans show up if tickets are more than $5? LOL.

On a Bobby Eaton note, I want to thank everyone who has shown their concern to his family. It is appreciated.

I am traveling to East Tennessee to visit him for the weekend. Hopefully, I'll have good news to report. From all indications I have, he has improved. I don't want to go into the health issues reported online as some were accurate and some were not so accurate. All I can say is that he is improving, which is what we all should be concerned about.

Take care all and I will be back late Sunday or early Monday with an update.