Friday, December 05, 2008

SITE NEWS!!! Hall of Fame, Blaylock, Sal, Yearbook 2008 and RRO Awards Race 2008!!

----RRO Memphis Wrestling Hall of Fame Class of 2008 was decided upon solely by a committee of people that included such names as Dave Meltzer, Jamie Dundee, Beau James, Jimmy Blaylock and Garry White along with staff members Gene Jackson and Mark James . The 12 inductees will be announced in Yearbook 2008 with a special section by Mark James.

----Jimmy Blaylock has got a lot of flack for the Kamala DVD not being released, but I would like to tell everyone that at least he will have a cover for it in a few days. LOL I will be working on it in the next few days. We will have a full review of the DVD when it is released!!

----Sal Corrente is on the road today for the big show tomorrow night. There will not be a new “A Piece of My Mind” until next week.

----I have been working on Yearbook 2008. I have tried to listen to the critics on this one and we will be adding as much original material as possible. But, remember – it is a “year in review” project, so it will have a lot of material you have already read. That is why it is a “review”..LOL Each winner this year will have a section of “Five Fun Facts” about them. It might be something as simple as belts they have held or something silly like their favorite soft drink.

----Here are a few things I need help on from everyone. If you want a specific picture of yourself in the Yearbook, then please send me one. If you object to me taking any photos from your Myspace.com account or such, then please send me a note. You can also help me by participating in something a little cheesy, but I am going to try to post at least 100 of these in Yearbook 2008. If you are a local worker, send me 5 words that describe yourself. Just five simple words!! It is just going to be a fun part of Yearbook 2008!! And finally, if you are a promoter and have a list of your title changes as in dates and such. Pass them along – it will make sure that I get everything correct.

----Many of you have asked about this --- starting this Wednesday, I will start going over all the categories of the third annual RRO AWARDS RACE. Nominees will be e-mailed and we will also accept them on the Kayfabe Message Board. So get registered!!