Thursday, February 05, 2009

Something Interesting To Read...with Mark Sterling


----This was posted on Sterling's myspace blog and I thought it was VERY interesting. The fact that this guy actually remembers or even writes down all his stuff is amazing. I would have a better chance writing down all of some of the guys in this area's match history than them. Here goes...

"Running Down A Dream" by Mark Sterling

So about November of last year, I was talking with a buddy of mine from the Memphis area. He told me that he had worked 120 dates in 2007. That's two matches a week and then some. I had worked 41 dates in 2007, so roughly 3 or 4 times a month, usually a weekend off each month. I had worked for CSW, PWP, 3XW, a date or two for NWA No Limits, plus a handful of matches for LWA, Fusion, HCWA, Midstates and AAW. But I realized that if I truly wanted be a more complete wrestler, I really had to but in much more effort. I wanted to get better beyond the improvement I felt I got from wrestling 40 some dates a year, in addition to training camps and the CSW school (when it was open from summer 06 to fall 07)

So I made a New Year's Resolution for 2008. To work every single weekend, no matter what. Well, I came close.... I wrestled 50 out of 52 weekends and totaled 76 matches. Not as impressive as my Memphis friend, but given the area I live in where nobody runs weekly shows,
..CLICK HERE for rest of Part I..then CLICK HERE for Part II