Thursday, July 08, 2010

Mama Says It Bees That Way Sometimes "Pet Peeves: The Sequel" by Downtown Bruno Lauer


----Bruno is treating us here at RRO to another rant about his Pet Peeves in the local wrestling scene.  Did you read his first one??  If not, CLICK HERE for the original and I hope you enjoy teh sequel. 

This one is for the boys or “so called” boys who want to call themselves wrestlers, even though they never made their living in MY profession/business/industry/sport.  There are two sets of guys in the indy circuit.

#1: Guys who have the desire, drive, potential to actually make a living in our industry – Kid Nikels, Eric Wayne, Matt Boyce, Kevin White, Moe Stegall, Derrick King, Austin Lane etc – you get the idea??

#2: There are guys who don’t know their ass fro their elbow who think they are actually IN the business because they work some little bullshit show for some bullshit promotion.  They are the big turd in a small toilet.  Guess fucking what??  You are no more a wrestler by doing that than I am a fucking pilot just because I fly a lot. 

Another thing – if you think you are a fucking wrestler – buy some damn tights, pads, etc!!  In our fucking day, if you didn’t have proper gear – you didn’t have a JOB!!  Also, if you are a hobbyist, leave me alone!!  No, I can’t get you booked in the WWE.  I can’t get you a tryout. I can’t get you to meet Vince/Johnny/Stephanie/etc.  Get it yourself – I did!!  Earn it!!  If you never did anything full time or even semi time, then how the hell do you think you are ready for the major league??  Pick up hoops = NBA??  Little League = MLB??  You would get ate up like a hamburger in New York – trust me!!

I can hear it now.  Who the fuck do I think I am??  I am washed up!!  I don’t know what I am talking about!  Fine!  Have fun in front of 90 people!  I have been on top or 2cnd to the top at four Wrestlemanias!!  And I still make a good living in WWE!  You??  I didn’t think so.  Learn your craft, stop knocking NEW and realize that it’s the only fucking place around here to actually LEARN how to make a living in the business.  You might…MIGHT..have a shot!  Take it from a has-been – you can’t be a has-been if you were never-was.  Think about that – it might come to you!

----“Downtown” Bruno Lauer is a legend in Memphis Wrestling. Two time winner of RRO's Referee of the Year 2008 and 2009. He appears bi-weekly with his non controversial column. Lauer had his biography published last year “Wrestling with The Truth” and can be purchased at www.crowbarpress.com. Lauer is also currently employed by the WWE.