Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Golden Circle "Just Because" by TGB Greg Anthony

----Greg sent in following on his thoughts about Lance Cade.

We were all hit with a bombshell this week. Lance Cade has passed away. I'd first like send my sympathies to his friends and family that dealing with tough time first hand. I just met Trevor Murdoch a few months back and can only imagine how he feels about this tragedy. Over the last decade, us as a wrestling community have had more than our fair share of death. This one seems to hit really close to home for me. Lance was 29 years old, as am I. Lance and I made our debuts not far from each other. I pretty much saw his entire career. Just because they say "only the good die young", doesn't make it right.

We had just started working a regular basis and we went to a Memphis Championship Wrestling show at a fair somewhere and that was the first time I had seen Lance live. He was tagging with Tracy Smothers as the team TNT(Tennessee-N-Texas). Long blonde hair, slender frame but still a big guy. Reminding me, and everyone else, of Barry Windham. MCW's television once featured a blood bath between Lance and William Regal, a match I went out of my way to see.

The whole Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy bunch that came out in '99 had very high hopes. Lance, Spanky and Brian Danielson have all had much success. Of the three, I always found myself wanting to see more of Lance. I wanted him to be in something he could really sink his teeth in to and give us that memorable moment that would live forever and catapult Lance into a bigger role. I got my wish when he pinned Shawn Michaels live on Monday Night Raw in a tag match. Soon after though he was released for a mistake he made outside of the ring.

Another name added to list of "too soon" in pro wrestling. Lance will be missed, in the ring by his fans and at home by his friends and family. Everyone take time to remember the important things in life. Which changes from person to person. Whatever makes us better, happy people can only be a good thing. I think the world was a better, happier place with Lance in it and it saddens me that we never got the opportunity to meet or maybe even lock horns in the squared circle. I promise.