Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Coach's Corner" By Brian Tramel

----It has been a while since the last “Coach’s Corner”, so I thought it was time to start pissing people off again. LOL I am hard at work at the Yearbook 2007, which I announced earlier today. That has taken up a lot of my free time. I also was sick over a week and spent that weekend in the hospital. My energy level has just returned to normal, so maybe I can churn out one or two of these a week. I officially will be doing a column on Thursdays, but might chime in on other days also. Michael Humphreys has taken over my Monday slot. I still have Sal slated for two days and Gene writes whenever the hell he wants to write. LOL

----Speaking of Gene, I would like to commend him on a job well done with Cheap Heat Radio. This is an idea that Gene and I toyed with for months which included the RasslePod interviews. Gene has more guests than he knows what to do with right now, so I wish him that success for months to come. Derrick King interview was first class and tonight is the Neil Taylor interview, which should be interesting as Taylor has worked all over this area. I am looking forward to the 21st show “Old School vs New School ” as it will feature Ken Wayne, Anton Leveigh, Stan Lee, Dustin Starr and more.

----So, TNA is not interested in Chris Masters. Wow, that was surprising, but thumbs up to them. If they did hire Masters, then it would be sending the wrong message to all the industry. It is ok to cheat and do roids, because I can then be hired by TNA. Masters apparently has a huge asking price [$2,000] right now and IMHO he is not worth it. I think a guy like Buff Bagwell sells as many tickets in this area as Masters would. U-Gene is also a good one that I would use and I am sure his price is not as high as Masters.

----Speaking of Masters and roids, the consensus that I am getting is that the WWE is serious at this point about testing positive. It is not good to test positive especially if you are going to OVW. If you are in for a tryout then you might bulk up a bit and then slack off if you are going to get a call. Something I was not aware of until recently is that WWE only uses urine tests. Talk to anyone that might smoke pot or do a few pain pills – there are ways of getting drugs out of your kidneys, so that you will test negative. Many online stores sell kits, so you can test clean. The only thing about the WWE is that they test random and you might test positive. If you test positive the first time, then it is time to clean up your act for the next test. Many within the WWE feel that upper management does want everyone clean right now, but within the next year or so, it will be back to every man for himself. My only advice would be to do anything you do – do it safe. I am not 100% against performance enhancing drugs and such. It is just the mix of other drugs that usually lead to early deaths.

----You know what would probably happen if directors David Lynch and John Waters decided to make a movie?? It would be called “Southland Tales.” This is the new movie starring “The Rock” Dewayne Johnson. Huh?? You haven’t heard of it?? Well, it debuted a few weeks back with no trailers being aired and no promotion whatsoever. Why?? Critics and fans pretty much panned this flick before even got released. It was first seen last May at the Cannes Film Festival and no one liked it. I am not one to always agree with the critics, but this movie is really hard to watch. It has a great cast of with The Rock, Seann William Scott, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Justin Timberlake, John Larroquette, Mandy Moore and more. The Rock is good in parts, but is really bad in other parts – his worse performance to date. This is proof that you can have a good crew of workers and not put on a good show.