Wednesday, October 25, 2006

HIGH FIVE for THE GOLDEN BOY!!!



Anthony Gregory Hertel is known in this area as “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony. Anthony is 25 years old and will be celebrating his 6th year as a professional wrestler in January. Anthony also took the task of being the booker for the new promotion in Dyersburg, TN – New Blood Wrestling. Good luck to him and HIGH FIVE!!!

I RESPECT YOU BOOKERMAN – “I don't think its why am I GOING to be a good booker, its why am I a Good booker. In every federation I've worked for I've been given creative control over my own angles. So in that sense, I've been a successful booker already. Now I don't just have 2 wrestlers and 1 angle to work with, I have 15 guys with as many angles I want. I watched so much wrestling and I watch 6-8 hours of new wrestling each week. Constantly analyzing everything I watch.”

LEGENDS ARE CALLED LEGENDS FOR A REASON “Bobby Eaton is the nicest guy in the business. I had read that urban Legend before I met Bobby in Mick Foley's book "Have a Nice Day" then I met him and then I read it again in Steve Austin's book "The Stone Cold Truth"...So 3 out of 3 ain't bad. Bobby Eaton, one of the best workers in the history of the business and he insisted on putting me over and looked at me and said "I'm going to listen to you out there." Bobby is the best experience I've had, a true pro!”

ONLY GOOD AS THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU “Obviously Bobby Eaton, being in the ring when the Midnight Express Music hits.. one word.. Unforgettable! Seth Knight, my brother in-law and I have beat the holy hell out each other. Never hold anything back. He'll do anything for the fans and I mean anything. Christian Jacobs is a guy I still feel, I had my best feud with. From start to finish, we had the people sold to the story. With every element we added.. with his best friend and his wife and my wife(then girlfriend). That angle shows storytelling is more important than any move you could ever do.”

DID YOUR MOM CUT YOUR HAIR?? “I think this is the stupidest bullshit, I've ever seen or heard of. I Told Tim that I he needed something to make him standout..(Not to get a personality, like was reported). So we decided on a Mohawk. Big fucking deal. Like The Posse invented the Mohawk in wrestling. The New Breed used in the mid 80s. I know Simon is crazy and hot headed but I'm not scared of him or his lackies, they only reason they did that shit was because they knew they could. If Alan Steele had a Mohawk, they wouldn't say anything, they'd probably make him an honorary member for god's sake. It was already worked out for Shannon Lee to be in Dyersburg Saturday night and when he found out what Simon in them did, he told Derrick that he wanted to work for us for awhile. Cause he doesn't want to be around that psycho!”

WIFE IS HUSBANDS BEST FRIEND
“As I was learning first hand, she was learning third hand. So sometimes it was hard to explain how things should go, or what should have happened because she two steps behind. Now after 6 years of watching me watch wrestling, talk wrestling and wrestle... I trust her opinion just as much as one of the guys I work with weekly. When she goes to shows, I ask her "How was my match?" "Was the show paced good?" "Where were the dead spots?". She has no aspirations of being "in the biz" buts its good in this business of liars to have one person tell you the truth."