Saturday, February 03, 2007

RassleBits: Gene Jackson, FOP retire, Coach BT appearance, WWE Broadband and DVD releases

----I would like to thank Gene Jackson for his compliments in his “Cheap Heat”. It is good to read that someone out there actually gets what I am doing on this site. Believe me I did not just wake up one morning and say, “I am doing a site!!” I have planned to do this for a few years and after finally deciding I was retired for good, then I started the site. The only thing I never considered was the work it goes into the actual structure of the site. I am still not happy with it and very soon you will see another change in the format as I hope this site will become your one stop site for wrestling news.

----Speaking of retirement, the rumors have been in the dressing rooms for a few weeks now. I have been told that “The Family of Pain” [Sarge O’Reilly/Mickey Ray] are retiring. I believe their match with “Cruzin 4 Pain” in Memphis for All Pro Wrestling will be their last match. Sarge has a job change and Ray has some injuries that need to heal. Best wishes to both in their future endeavors. Retirement in this business is a word that usually just means “time off”, so I am hoping I will be able to see these guys down the road again. I plan to be there for their last bout.

----All the matches for the SEW show have been posted. You will see the announcement of “Coach BT” managing FOP. Well, this all has to do with the fact that FOP are retiring. I never planned to manage or do anything else with wrestling, but was honored that they ask me to be their manager for that show and I will be doing it for the fun. A few of your guys always rib me about this, but yes, the skull cap aka dewrag, jersey, whistle, and clipboard are all coming out of retirement. LOL I am excited about being FOP’s manager [and I would never be as good as Hollywood], but I am also excited about working with some of the young guys like “High Society”. Guys take it easy on us – I think we all will have turned 40 years old by that match!!!

----If you have read this site much you will know that I do not watch WWE or TNA. If I do, it is just to see something special. WWE has a cool new part of the their site - wwe broadband. Sometimes I just want to see certain things that everyone is talking about and this is the perfect site. You can watch clips from all there shows and you don’t have to sit thru all the bs. Also for those wondering, I did watch WSX this week and think there is an audience for this show. I’m not sure whether I will be one of them, but it is different and I wish the best for them. They got a ton of indy talent that has not been seen. Teddy Hart will be a major superstar in this business for a long time. One of my fave indy guys – Human Tornado is also scheduled to be part of this show.

----I have been working the last two days on the two DVD releases for February. Austin Lane – “The Man, The Hype, The Human Highlight Reel” is almost ready. I have all the matches transferred and looking to do final touches on it. “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony “As Good As Gold” is in the first stages, but it looks like I plan to release it this month with or without the Buff Bagwell match I have been waiting on. If I do not receive the Bagwell match, then it will go on a special DVD coming later this year. I have also had talks with Brandon Baxter and Hollywood Jimmy about future DVD releases.