Sunday, February 25, 2007

Will The Real Coach BT Please Stand up...

----Let me fill you in on the story about a manager that worked this area. He wore a football jersey with 03 on it, blew a whistle, wore baggy shorts, tennis shoes and hit people in the head with a clipboard. He made a bunch of mistakes listening to the promoters in this area, especially guys like Michael Anthony from MSWA. He was sent out with almost 95% of all the heels on the roster and he was involved in almost every angle. He was voted “Manager of the Year” two years in a row for shoot mainly because there was no one else that the fans could remember, because he came out to every match.

----As some of his teams got to become good workers, then he ventured to other promotions where the bookers were smart enough to only use him with one team or one man like WOWF, DCW, LAW and IWF. He learned when to blow the whistle and not to over do it like he had the first few years.

----Also in reality, no one really knew how the hell his gimmick even fit the criteria of what he was supposed to be accomplishing. He later changed it and wore a shirt, tie and pants and looked more the part.

----As most of you know, his name was Coach BT and I am talking about myself. Why?? Because I went to the TIWF show last night and to my surprise Ravishing Randy was wearing baggy pants, blew a whistle, tennis shoes and a freakin 03 on a jersey. It was almost a total rip-off of what I use to do. Now, let me say this – I was never a big deal. Never thought I was, but damn can you not come up with a different look?? He carried a hubcub around his neck like a necklace [instead of carry a clipboard] and it was a total rip-off of PG13.

----Am I just making a big deal out of something that I shouldn’t?? I mean I was not the first Coach and will not be the last. I actually stole the idea from John Tolos, who was Curt Hennig’s “coach” at one time. My gimmick was so bizarre if you add into the fact that I wore a dewrag or skull cap. My only explanation of the creation I came up with was that Coach BT would have been a good character on “South Park” as Cartman’s uncle.

----Although I may seem a little pissy about this, it is funny to see that guys that have been in the business as long as Ravishing Randy still makes the same old mistakes as I did – he is with 95% of the heels, involved in 95% of the angles and he blew the whistle too much taking heat from the matches.

----BTW, the real Coach BT will be working this Friday night for the first time in years. Come out and see me manage “Family of Pain” in one of their last matches as a team!!