Friday, March 02, 2007

Trent Van Drisse Responds To "Bustin Dustin"

Hey Brian, Just to let you know there's certainly no "sour grapes" from me when it comes to Dustin Starr. Not sure if you meant me specifically or not, but I have nothing against the guy, don't know him, only from seeing him wrestling for Prentice a few years ago, and following his many exploits thru your site. I used to enjoy his role in the "Lifeguards" tag team for Prentice, though it always amused me cuz middle Tennessee ain't exactly the beach capitol of the world! lol People had been asking me for info coming out of the Bucci camp, and it's been kinda hard to come by, so I posted what Starr said about it. I love to read about a good rib, but Starr's stuff in that direction simply didn't interest me, it wasn't funny at all. Guys running around donkey punching each other might be highly entertaining to them, but to me it's junior high stuff.

A sort of funny aside here is someone on the west Tennessee scene was giving me good natured shit just for posting that stuff from Starr's site on my board. This person went on to say that Starr has an incredibly massive ego, and was more entertaining as a wrestler when he was smaller, they said now he's pretty dull in the ring. Trent

----The Lifeguard gimmick was a gimmick – they were never announced as living in middle Tennessee were they??

----Something you may not know is that most wrestlers are just 14 year old boys anyway. And, yes, donkey punching is funny to them. Trent saying, “simply didn’t interest me, it wasn’t funny at all” seem to be as if Trent was some uptight Englishman saying that. Can you picture that??

----I will have always agreed with people 100% when it comes to their opinion about Starr having an incredibly massive ego. That he does and it has got him into trouble a few times. But, to say that he was more entertaining a wrestler when he was smaller. Well, hell, that might be true also. What does one have to do to get a break with WWE?? They are told to get bigger and bigger. That is what he has done. As a wrestler, I actually think he is smarter now than he ever has been and I was I actually have watched Starr during his whole career. We worked the same promotion [Rampage] when he first got started and even though he might have been faster when he first started, he is a much better worker now.