Saturday, April 07, 2007

Riot Responds to TVD!!!

----First, on the subject is two letters that I wanted to print.

CLICK HERE for the first one
and CLICK HERE for the second one.

CLICK HERE for the original letter written by Trent.

Both letters make great points. Then, you can take a look at what I have to say about it.


Tramel on Drisse on Boyce


----I would like to thank everyone that either called or sent an e-mail about this subject. A lot of the boys decided it was just better to kayfabe and not have anything posted by them, but not one of them thought Drisse was in the right in what he posted. One the local guys said, “Trent seems like he is someone that wanted to make it in wrestling, but never got the opportunity, so he is just jealous.” I never felt like that until the last few times that some of the local West Tennessee guys got some breaks and then it just seems Trent is listening to the Nashville guys, which at times seems like we have a Nashville/Memphis type “hater’s club”.

----The main point I want to make is that when someone is successful, it seems that there are 20 people in line to hate on him. Maybe if all the guys got together and supported each other, then the groups would be more successful, instead of worrying about who “deserved” it or not. Be happy that Matt Boyce got that spot and go with it. I, myself, was never successful in the wrestling business. I was not at all a good wrestler and maybe an “ok” manager. When I see a guy from this area get a break or an opportunity, then I do not hate on them. It is as if I am “living thru them”, because as I have said to my close friends in this business – I never could make it, I just hope you guys do.

----As far as Bert Prentice taking a “liking” to Boyce and Boyce being the “flavor of the week”. In other words, Bert thinks Boyce is hot and wants to get into his pants. Is Prentice and Boyce having a relationship?? That is totally not my business unless they call me and want me to report it. There have been tons of the guys that promoters get “crushes” on and get the major push. Those crushes are not always homosexual either – it is just something you see in another guy that makes you want to push him. Is Bert “gay” for Boyce and that is why he got to go to Smackdown?? Hell, I don’t know and honestly I have heard for years that Prentice was gay, but who gives a fuck??

----Would all of this still be a big subject if the roles were reversed?? What if a promoter wanted to promote a girl because she was had big boobs and a great body?? What if that girl got to go to Smackdown because he wanted to get into her pants?? Would we be saying anything about how perverse that was?? We would probably be saying, “I bet he is fucking her” behind their back and not thinking anything bad about it. Damn, that happens every day in this business.

----As for me skipping the business part of the camp. Well, I guess I did miss reporting that. I had talked about it a few times, but never posted anything. The best I can tell and this is just guessing – probably around $6,000 was collected that weekend from 30 guys. Not sure how Prentice/Bucci split the money, but both cleared some dough that weekend. Is that a bad thing?? No, not at all. For the boys that went to the camp and got called “marks”, then tell everyone to “fuck off”. This is an opportunity to be seen by a WWE guy. The least coming out of it from the crew that was looked at is that probably 3 to 4 of them will be seen on WWE TV this year and their investment will be worth it. For those that did not get a “look” and attended the camp, then you need to work harder.

----After saying that, then it makes you think that jealousy is part of the whole thing with Boyce. The guys that were the “stars” of the camp were guys from the West Tennessee area. Even though Boyce may be the least talented of the Memphis guys, he has worked hard to get where he is. This kid has been working less than one year and I would say he has a bright future. A lot of guys with his experience know nothing about psychology or don’t even have the balls to attend a camp.

**Trent Van Drisse's message board can be view by CLICKING HERE.