Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Flashback!! March, 1990

----The flashback this week I am taking from my old fanzine Rasslin Riot. I got a lot of heat when I first started doing this site in this area. This article was published in March of 1990 and gives you an insight on what the “smark” community was like in the beginning. This was even before the big internet surge that all the promoters blame on killing kayfabe. Memphis are was like 20 years behind when I started my site. CLICK HERE to read Dan Lark's article.

----Two clippings also here. One is from Riot artist Derrick Winnett of Vince McMahon. I think this was on a cover of one of the issues, but going thru the stack of stuff I have I could not find the actually date. This other piece of the top wrestlers is from early 1990 and as you can see, I didn’t do badly with some of my picks. Lawler was just doing Memphis and Indy work at the time. Funk was doing indy work also. Who would have ever thought he would end up in the WWE?? And, my top guy was a guy that was so talented. I only had the privilege of meeting Eddie Gilbert a couple of times, but this guy was a wrestling genius. He is missed. What ever happened to the Golden Idol and Ricky Rice??