Monday, October 29, 2007

Jericho On Bert Prentice!!

----This was post on Trent's board and I thought my visitors might be interested in what Chris Jericho says about Nashville wrestling promoter Bert Prentice. Trents says the following,

"Chris Jericho talks about Bert Prentice in his new book, and here's what he said about Bert when asked during a recent interview. This is pretty much the same things he said about it in his book from what I heard. Classic stuff here....Someone please forward this to Matt Boyce!!"

----All this bickering back and forth to Trent a few months back has me worried about Boyce now. What if Trent was right about everything? CLICK HERE to read the story.



Eric – About 8 years ago on my radio show you started to tell a story about a brief experience you had working for Bert Prentice and stopped. Is that a part of your new book?


Chris – Yeah actually it is in the book. It was in Wichita, Kansas and I don’t exactly remember what the name of the promotion was and I never actually had a match there. Right after I had I believe two matches, myself and a guy Mike Lorzanski who worked as Mike Anthony, another guy called Brett Cumo drove from Calgary to Wichita, KS to work for Christopher Love which is what Bert Prentice’s name was at the time. There was a promotion that was going to be starting up there so we drove down there and after about three days of driving we finally show up at Christopher Love’s palatial, Spanish-style mansion that he was living in. We knock on the door and this guy dressed as a butler opens the door and tells us to wait there and then Christopher Love will now see us. We go into this room and he’s like the Godfather, sitting behind his desk. He’s got this one guy that looks like a weeble standing on his one side and another guy looking like a weeble standing on his other side. One guy is black and one guy is white, and the guy that’s white he goes, “This is the Zebra Kid,” guy looked nothing like a Zebra, even less like a kid. The other guy was called I think Rufus I can’t even remember my own book. “And this is Rufus, and say hello to Cluck.” Cluck was this rubber chicken that he was holding in his hands. I kind of thought, “Ha, ha,” it was kind of a bad joke but nobody else was laughing. Turns out that this guy actually talks to Cluck and Cluck was his manager, but it was no joke. The whole promotion treated Cluck as if it was an individual, living, breathing manager. So I am sitting there and Christopher Love tells me in no uncertain terms that I look like Shawn Michaels and there is a lot he could do with me and I’m thinking, “I’m sure there is man.” Supremely, supremely over-the-top feminine shall we say. So we sit there and he tells us what’s going on and there’s a party that night in honor of the new promotion starting. And this thing is a freak show, like so many gay guys there, weird guys there, just very strange. We’re sitting there on this couch and one referee goes to the bathroom and I don’t really see what is going on but he comes back out and he takes a sip of his drink and everyone starts laughing. Zebra Kid is laughing, the guy dressed as a butler is laughing, and Cluck is laughing, and he says, “Oh we got you, we got you, we got you with the Penis Colada.” I guess one of the guys had taken out his swizel stick and used it as a swizel stick. Now if that had happened to me I would have torn the place apart. There’d be some asses kicked, right? The referee goes, “Oh Penis Colada, you got me again.” Again, again! You mean this happened more than once to you? So this was kind of like the zoo that was going on there, and then Christopher Love proceeded to play with my hair and I told him to stop, and then we got fired. That was my first road trip, down to Wichita, Kansas.