Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Maxx Corbin Update!!!

----Corbin posted this to his myspace.com page. Corbin suffered an injury on the MAW "Thanksgiving Throwdown" show.

For those of you that didn't know I had a doctor appointment yesterday. It was supposed to be a follow up to see how th ankle was healing under the cast. They took some X-Rays of it and come back with the news. Apparently, there is a gap between the bones in my legs and the ones in my foot that could be a tendon / ligament problem. On top of that, the broken bone in my leg is not healing right. They then preceded to tell me the best way to fix this problem would be through surgery. The broken bone will have a steel plate put in it and depending on how the tendon/ ligament looks they may have to put in a screw between the tibia and fibula. The screw situation is tricky. If they put in a screw I'll have to go back in 3 months to get it taken out. The steel plate will stay in forever. The recovery time is a little depressing too. Instead of six weeks, now I'm looking at six months, minimum, without getting the screw. If I do get the screw in, it may be 8 months.
So, since I have no choice, I'm scheduled to have surgery Thursday at one. The kicker is that I have to be there at 6 am in case they can get me in earlier. The doc gave me little to look forward to afterwards as well when he said it was gonna feel like they set off a grenade in my ankle after the surgery. (Gee thanks doc...lol well at least he was honest) I do want everyone to know that this injury WILL NOT MAKE ME QUIT WRESTLING!!! I plan to train as much as i can for those 6 months so i can come back stronger and better than ever. Even though this news sucks, I guess I need to remember that everything happens for a reason. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers guys.
Richard Mullikin (Maxx Corbin)