Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Golden Circle "Masturbation Match" by TGB Greg Anthony

*I want feedback from you guys on this one*

I can only imagine the pissed off people around the world that will type "masturbation" into google and come up with a link to this article. Because it isn't as dirty as it sounds. A masturbation match is something we've all done. Its that match we do just for us. We don't care what the crowd wants, needs or
even knows. And just like the literally meaning, it may fulfill some short term desire but whether in life or wrestling masturbating doesn't make the world work.

I've been apart of many matches where I was more trying to keep up with the Jones' than really being in tuned to my audience. I wanted to prove to myself, not really anyone in particular that I was as good or even better as some guy up east that's featured somewhere. When I started to really listen to the people that's when I become able to predict their reactions more. That's when my work started to grow.

Psychologists study for years. They learn peoples actions and reactions to every possible situation so they help and treat. But they learn all of this from a book. We as wrestlers are a poor man's psychologist. We go out and instead of reading about a reaction, we provoke it. As a wrestling fan I've laughed, cried, been angry, betrayed, seen and felt the pain of infidelity, nepotism and probably everything thats in that magical text book.

I've seen so many guys go out there and do a bunch of nonsensical gibberish that didn't help anything. Didn't help them or their opponent get over, didn't entertain the crowd and at the end of day isn't going to sell one more ticket. It was a expression in self love. So good job on the masturbation match, now wipe yourself off and try to do something productive next time.

Once again, just like masturbation we all do it. Maybe not so much a whole match anymore, but maybe a masturbation spot. Just to squeeze one out and get on to the job at hand. So don't feel too guilty, just think what would happen to the world if all we did was masturbate? The human race would die off and so would wrestling. I promise.


----Greg Anthony is a regular on the local area circuit. He won RRO Booker of the Year honors and is listed in the Top 10 of the RRO Top 10. Greg currently can be seen tagging with legend Bobby Eaton and Brian Thompson as “Midnight Gold” [winning RRO Tag Team and MVP Team 2009] and is the EWE Champion.