Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas Shenanigans

----I have been so busy with the Yearbook that I have forgotten about correcting a few things and commenting on the Christmas shows.

----When promoters and wrestlers send in figures to this site, then not only do I expect the correct numbers, but the other workers and promoters that read this site expect it. I posted some results on 12.24.07 of Renegade Pro Wrestling’s Christmas show in Metropolis, IL. The original posting stated the following..” 297 in the building with 137 paid. Gate was $1635. Concessions were $985…” After talking to several guys on the show and a few others calling, I found out that the figure sent in was a work. I gave Tojo Yamamoto JR – the promoter - the opportunity to correct the figures and he sent me the real ones. It seems that Tojo is promoting against another guy that ran a show the night before this show – Frank Summers. I guess they felt they had to make their show “look better”. The post has been corrected with the legit figures.

----I am a mark for gates and crowd numbers. It comes from the fact that I was a promoter and it is a BUSINESS. The reason a promoter would want to give a correct number?? What if you told a guy that he would be working “off the gate” and my site was posting 200 were coming to the shows on a regular basis, but when he got there – there was only 20 people. He would be pissed and it would make the promoter look bad.

----Kenny Valiant looked to have drawn over 200 on Christmas night with a gate over $2,000. The main causality of the night was Psycho’s hand. I got to look at photos of the cut and damn I bet that hurt!! It looked like a table tried to cut his fingers off. I am being told those “classic” Psycho vs Candyman bouts are about to end. The whole state of Mississippi thanks you Kenny. LOL

----Beau James sent results from their big Christmas show. He noted how over Jimmy Valiant was on the show. It was suggested that maybe it was because of 24/7. I bet it doesn’t hurt, but every time I have been at a show that he appeared he was over.

----RRO correspondent Larry Goodman reported that SAW seem to be the big winner on Christmas night drawing 296 paying $2,720!! As noted it was one of the biggest crowds in years in that town. What did they do to draw that kind of crowd?? They gave the fans something they wanted to see with decent TV and storylines. Columbia is soft spot for me, as it was the site of my first ever match!!

----Finally, the RPW report also featured a statement that Suicidal Youth and TW Justice were ban from the building. Apparently that was to get some of the real heat off of them for all the hardcore stuff. TW commented when told he was ban from the building, “If they ban me, I am not coming back!” LOL Please read that again – that is for shoot!