Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Get My Point? By Randy Cresswell


Ok, let’s get started with the obvious that wrestling this full week on TV hasn’t really been the best. We can start with TNA. I will say that once again, AJ styles and Abyss had another classic match and it was the best thing on the program. They continue to kill the Robert Rude angle and it is now more of a joke than something serious. Great Naturals heel turn this week with the Shane Douglas/Brother Ray angle. Their pitfall is giving away an Angle match for free right before the PPV and nonetheless giving it away against the #1 contender to Sting’s title. I got a feeling Abyss is going to lose the way things have been booked lately which makes Sting’s opponent look a little weak coming in and I say that with great sarcasm.

Friday Night Smackdown I will only say one thing, the only thing on that show worth watching was Undertaker/Kennedy. That had an old attitude area feel to it and Kennedy is proving to be the breakout star on all of the WWE shows. Other than CM Punk, whom everyone knew would get over; Kennedy is proving he can be a player in the years to come.

Monday Night RAW…good grief, could we have some more DX please. I guess they made up for missed TV time last week or what. Do not get me wrong though, they were in the UK and had to give them a good showing and well they love DX. Once again, I have to ask if Vince hates Lawler or what. First last week’s angle and then this week, doesn’t even get the opportunity to look strong. I think Flair and Piper losing the titles wasn’t a bad idea, obviously Piper isn’t what he use to be, but the crowd loved it and I hope Piper sticks around, he can get some product moving and be a great mouth piece for any guy out there. I love the Piper/O’Haire team and I wish it was still going today. This whole Eugene snapped thing…not working.

ECW on Sci Fi was actually a good hour of wrestling and entertainment to me actually. CM Punk put on other great match with Knox. I wish they would push Dreamer some more, no matter what position he holds on the staff, he sells tickets, bottom line. Heymen evil team almost seems like he is recreating his own smaller version of the Dangerous Alliance, putting the ultimate team together. At least that is what they want us to believe or agree with, but I must give effort to it though. You can still see they don’t have the time for other matches, but they need to make room somewhere.

Well, I know that it is short, but I do have to sleep…it is 2AM almost I need sleep.

ransting@gmail.com
Keep sending that feedback!
Take Care