Wednesday, June 13, 2007

RassleBits: TC2, Wrong gates, Memphis Wrestling Snafu, Rassletube, More from Huey and Humongous History??

----In today's Union City Messenger, there is a feature on Page 14 about Tim Davidson and Michael Owens, better known to wrestling fans as Tim Grind and Flex aka “Too Cool 2”. I think Grind actually worked as Tim Davidson at one time on Memphis TV?? But, I have never known Flex to work under his real name?? I do remember Flex Bagwell..LOL

----Two gates I got wrong. Lamarrus Brooks [the 14 year old booker] of SEW wrote to say there was 40 paid and about 60 in the crowd for a $400 gate. I have corrected it in the original piece. And, MCW had 135 paid with a gate of $945 and around 150 in the building. I corrected that also. Good gate, but I am being told they were still disappointed, because it was Sid. It takes the right combo of posters, radio and TV ads to make stuff like this work. I bet Sid at TLCW would draw over 400.

----Speaking of doing the right TV advertising. Many of the area promoters know you can buy local spots during RAW and they use that to help boost their crowds for local BIG shows. A reader sent this about watching RAW in the Memphis market – “While watching Raw, they showed commercials for Memphis Wrestling but instead of this Friday event they advertised the Memorial Day weekend"Schools Out" event. Was the only thing funny about Raw though.” Good job guys!!

----I am glad everyone enjoyed the “best of” Memphis. I am also enjoying the LAW clips. And I say this AGAIN – all you guys need to get someone to produce one of these every week for your promotion. New edition of RassleTube will be sometime up on Friday or Saturday with clips from last week's Memphis – which will be about 90% of the show because it had some good wrestling. A note on last week’s RassleTube with the Memphis clips. The interview that I actually laugh about when Assassin I had mustard in his eye. Well, for shoot, they had to wash his eye out and it was burning real bad.

----Finally we got the below from Gary Nations. $125?? WTF?? Now, I am not saying that driving 8 hours is not worth $125, because of gas and such. But, all my sources have said it was $50 and then Jeff gave him an extra $25. And, if they paid him $125 for his wrestling match, then they got ripped off. The only guys that even closely deserved that kind of money on that show were the kids that Tim Edwards beat the hell out of. And, hell, maybe they didn’t deserve that either, because they knew what they were getting themselves into.

NOTE FROM HUEY

You know this is getting old but no I was paid 125.00 because that is what we agreed to on the phone. He wanted to only pay me 50.00 and I said that wasn't about to happen.

Now as far as Mark Justice and Just Joe I don't know them and have never met them before that night but since they have a case of the smart ass.......and you can quote me, Guys I have worked for WCW,WWF,South Africa, going to Mexico and all over the world. What have you done??

----I also spoke with Motley Cruz last night and he called to say that Sid Vicious was the first Humongous?? He thinks Sid was the first, then Jeff Van Camp and then Mike Stark. And, then Sid went back to the gimmick?? I can’t get this confirmed by anyone else?? All the internet stuff and what I can remember was that Stark was the first one?? Cruz also said, “Say this – you can say it is from me – Nations can’t work a shit anyway.”