Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cheap Heat 9/19/07 by Gene Jackson



WHERE'S SALLY STRUTHERS WHEN YOU NEED HER?

For some reason I always hear her voiceover in my head from those old "won't you help these starvin' children" commercials whenever I read these posts on the internet asking people to help bail Ricky Morton out of jail cause he won't pay his child support. Please send Ricky donations and help him out, fuck that! I was one of the biggest Rock & Roll Express marks there was back in the day but this stuff is a damn disgrace. It's time to face reality Ricky, the 80's were a long time ago and you squandered and snorted away all that money you should have banked back then and it's time to rejoin the REAL WORLD. (no I don't mean try to get on an MTV reality show) Take a long look at the picture above, your night a teen idol anymore and there's no more money to be made in the wrestling business for you, at least not enough to support your kids, so it's time to cut off the mullet, lose the bandanas and get a real job. Hell be a weekend warrior like all the other indy wrestlers out there and make you some extra cash on the weekends but you need to face facts and get a real job, and if your not willing to do that SIT YOUR ASS IN JAIL THEN, but don't have fanboys come on the internet and beg people who are working to support their familes to bail your ass out. It's really sad to see what so many of the people I looked up to when I was younger have become.


SEE HE ISN'T ALL BAD

News is spreading that Vince McMahon paid for Sherri Martel's funeral. It's funny how all the news outlets and mainstream media who spend so much time painting Vince McMahon out to be an uncaring evil tyrant will never even acknowledge this story. It's also worth mentioning that Booker T paid for the headstone. I think this was a very great gesture on the part of both men and it's sad that Sherri was another whose life took a tragic turn.



SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING IS DOING WELL

Glad to see that SCW is off to a good start and drawing some crowds over here in Alabama. I hope to come catch a show when they get a little closer to my neck of the woods over here, I heard they may be coming to Huntsville soon, hopefully I can come check it out and see some freinds for the first time in a while. Maybe I'll get to catch up with my old buddy, "the New Nature Boy" and I can tell him what an awesome gimmick that is and tell him Hulk Hogan asked me to get his gay ass yellow/red feather boa back for him.



DID HE OR DIDN'T HE......IT'S REALLY NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

It's now being reported that Bob Orton has spoken out saying the rumors of Randy Orton attempting suicide are not true and that Randy has no idea where the story started. Whether or not it's true everyone really should just leave that one alone. Honestly, if he did he apparently has gotten over it cause he's still here and in a main angle and if he didn't that's a terrible rumor to start about someone especially with all the bad shit going around right now, why add more to the pile.



UNFORGIVEN......WWE SHOULD BE FOR CHARGING MONEY FOR THIS

I'm really trying to stay positive right now as evidence by my previous paragraph but Jesus H. Christ, Unforgiven sucked big time. NOTE TO WWE...IT IS NEVER.......EVER....IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE......OK TO PUT MARK HENRY ON LAST. I read where Meltzer said it was WWE's intention to "send them home happy." When the hell has Mark Henry EVER sent ANYONE home happy?? Maybe I'm being too harsh, but worse than anything on the PPV they had Triple H beat the tag team champions in a handicap match on RAW the next night. Why do they even have have tag belts anymore?? The Cade/Murdoch vs. The Hardys series of matches had brought a little prestige back to the titles then you have HHH beat them both. Oh well. Hopefully John Cena's dad will pull in the ratings. Enough about that.


OTHER THINGS

I plan to get some more match videos posted soon here on the site. I was glad Sal posted that Zeus vs. Abby video, I had always read about those matches and never seen one. Also, I'm still looking to pick up a copy of that CHIKARA show with the Southern Saints on it, I've got plenty to trade so if someone can help me out with that, email me at genejackson@charter.net Or if you have any other indy wrestling I might find of interest or may want to put on the site, shoot me an email. Also, is anyone taping these SCW shows? If not, they should.

That's all for now, hopefully next week there will be more to discuss.

GENE