Wednesday, November 01, 2006

HIGH FIVE FOR MARCUS O'NEAL!!!



Nineteen year old Marc Edwards made his IWA-Mid South debut on 10.14.06. He is better known to fans in this area as Marcus O’Neal. IWA-Mid South easily is in the top 5 indy promotions in the United States right now. They have had stars from Chris Sabin to Chris Hero to Necro Butcher to tons of others. The promotion is owned and booked by ECW alumni Ian Rotten. Congrats to O’Neal for his chance to show other parts of the country the talent we have in this area. HIGH FIVE to you!!!

ID, WHO NEEDS AN ID???: “Haha, so funny story. I started training at a really young age. I was about 14 at the time. So, when I started going out and doing shows I would always tell promoters and bookers that I was 18 because I always looked older for my age. Basically I was 18 for four years until I actually turned 18. I recently just turned 19 this past September.”

JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE TRAINED FOR SOMETHING DOESN’T MEAN YOU’RE PREPARED FOR IT: “Well, I was originally trained by two very good workers here in the mid south - Reno Diamond [vs Marcus O'Neal pic to the left] and Blalok the Blazer. I owe most of my training to them, but like a lot of different workers I've worked with a lot of people who have helped me out a tremendous amount. People like Pokerface, Derrick King, and Motley Cruz all have helped shape me to become a somewhat decent wrestler. I say that I never stop training though. I can always learn more from a lot of different people. At my age if I think that I know everything then I should definitely be doing something else.”

IWA THE EXPERIENCE: "IWA Mid South was a really fun experience my first time there. I worked Billy Roc and Scott Murray in a 3 way to open the show which was pretty decent. The fans there are sort of weird. I got a pretty good reaction after the bout also. I heard from a bunch of people that the fans there either think that the debutees either have a really awful performance or a really good one. So I guess I had a pretty outing.The locker room was REALLY chill, too. It was awesome being around people that I admire in the business. People like the Iron Saints, Brandon Thomaselli, Josh Abercrombie, Drake Younger, Mad Man Pondo, Ian Rotten, etc. So yeah, it was pretty cool being back there with the guys."

INFLUENCED BY OTHERS: “That would have to be my family. They turned me onto wrestling when I was like two years old. I remember going to WrestleMania 8 in Indianapolis, IN with my family and from that point on I knew that I wanted to be a wrestler. Also, people who criticize me for my lack of size REALLY influence me to do better. I find it funny how some people who may not be as good as others in this business always find something to critique people about. For me, it seems to be my size. Just because I'm doing good things right now certain people want to find something to put you down. So yea, thanks to those people! You inspire me to do 10 times better every time I do my thing.”

I BET YOU DIDN’T KNOW THIS: “I am a HUGE closet dork for Disney movies. I can't count how many I have. My favorite is Aladdin. So, if you're a female and love Aladdin also then we're probably soul mates.”