Monday, October 30, 2006

RassleBits: Inter-Promotion Title, No shows, NBW champion, TLCW unhappy workers, James Arnez is pissed, Tony Myers and Hollywood Jimmy's site

---- There has been talk about an “Inter-Promotion” Title being recognized by the small group of promoters in this area. It seems like a real good idea on the surface, but may have some people not participating. If they could get at least 10 groups recognizing something like this, then the Title/Champion would actually mean something. He would go to each promotion and defend the belt say every 3 months each promotion would get at least one title defense. This would help draw, because you could always build the champion vs challenger. The tournament to crown the first champion is being talked about in Humboldt, TN.

-----Major no shows this weekend were Spellbinder @ the LAW show and Lord Humongous II @ Paragould. Spell just called the day of the show and said he would not be there. It would have been interesting, since he had that shoot interview on half of the dressing room.

----NBW champion will be determined this coming Saturday night in Dyersburg, TN. Seth Knight, who is being pushed as the top babyface, in an angle Saturday read a letter he had received from "The Championship Committee" that stated that he would be wrestling the No.2 contender to crown the 1st champ. It will be Knight vs Jason Reed to determine the first champ.

----Correction on the results of TLCW from Saturday night. It was Stan Lee losing to Rockin’ Randy, not Shannon Lee. Shannon actually wrestled 2 matches @ NBW. Speaking of TLCW, I could see this coming from some things that happened Saturday night, but I have received reports of at least 4 TLCW workers ready to jump to NBW. Not sure if all four will jump, but their was some unhappy workers driving from the Rector, AR LAW show to the TLCW Ripley, TN show to do double duty. I have been told by more than one person that Christian Jacobs was very upset that he did not get to work or do anything after driving all the way to Ripley. Things may be smoothed over by the weekend.

----NBW seems to be making all the news right now, but do also look for TGB to go after some of the DCWF talent. I have been told he is highly interested in “Team X” and “Southern Pride” [Kilo/Citizen Cane].

----LAW show had a lots coming out with it also along with TLCW talent being unhappy, as you would expect from the Arena Report James Arnez was highly upset. Arnez had probably 20 people at the least there just to see him and he worked a 3 minute match, because of something stupid Tavian Hart did. Arnez, who worked Tony Gunn last time doing an angle for a rematch, ask me during a yahoo messenger conversation, “what happened to my rematch?” He went on to say, “It was the fucking King show all over again. I don’t get to work when he is around.” I do have to give props to Arnez here, because I have always felt the LAW management of O’Dell/Warner/King at the time had no idea the drawing power of Arnez and Psycho. My biggest crowds and money was made in CCW promoting these two guys in the Kennett, MO area. And with Rector, AR being so close to Kennett, I would never run a show without both of them Arnez/Psycho. Arnez added the following, “and what pissed me off the most I tried to talk to Kelly [Warner] and he would not come and talk. I will burn my boots before I work for LAW again!!” In hindsight, if I would have been promoting, I would have put Arnez vs Gunn and King vs Rocker in the top matches.

----One of my old time friends, Tony Myers, has part 2 of his shoot interview with Gene Jackson over on Hollywood Jimmy’s site. He pulls no punches and really tells the world about the “real” Randy Hales. Take a look.

----Speaking of Hollywood Jimmy’s site, there is another good “Shooting From The Hip” from my old buddy JD McKay and Loose Cannon has a good column this week, but if you go to his site to look at the Top 10 rating. WTF were you smoking Cannon?? Bubba Pain?? He hasn’t wrestle since when?? Years?? And, to put the Hambone Express on a top 10 of anything scares me, but you put them ahead of “Picture Perfect”!!!