Friday, September 07, 2007

Steroid Coverage: Wellness Progam and Bucci

----I know everyone does not go to Trent Van Drisse’s board, so I was troll it tonight and found some stuff that Trent and I actually agree on. Thought I would pass it along.

This came from my original post "Heads Are Going To Roll: Mike Bucci Is First" from this site…

“Something that probably will not be reported on others sites, but I know as fact, Bucci during his camps featuring guys from this area stated to many of the guys that they could do steroids up it the point of being tested for the first time when they got a developmental deal. He was telling them to get big and have the “look”, when now that “look” does not mean anything.”

Trent says about the Wellness program being a scam…

Well, obviously the WWE Wellness program had some gigantic loopholes in it to say the least. But, I am of the belief that when it was first implemented, Vince McMahon was very serious about it. It came on the death of Eddy Guerrero, and by several accounts, McMahon was legit really shook up by that particular death. When the program was first implemented, several talents had their bodies shrink noticeably, and quite suddenly, so some guys totally got off whatever they were using. But, then over the course of time, the bodies of the shrunken started looking more and more like they used to again. So you start thinking Hmmmmm...What's going on here? Obviously the talent found a way around the system, and just as obviously management knew it too, I mean they have eyeballs in their head. I do agree that over time the Wellness Program was maybe used as a tool to get rid of people they wanted to get rid of, but I do think it started with better intentions than that.

----I got to agree with you that maybe the first part of the Wellness program that Vince was serious, your statement about “talent found a way around the system”?? They found away alright – they had prescriptions for everything they were taking and the WWE was ok’ing it.

Trent wrote..
“I received an e-mail from Bill Behrens yesterday on this subject. He's being quoted here with his permission.....

Bucci never told talent to take steroids. Whoever said that is not telling the truth. When Cassidy Riley was signed he was told to lose 20 lbs for example…Bucci is a nice guy caught in a bad spot. WWE just needs someone to take heat off other folk.

----Not that I don’t think Bucci is a nice guy and maybe some heat has been put on him to get it off other people, but he told them to get the look and get big. Bucci’s job was to help hire talent and he knew they would get hired if they had the look. If I was asked to go to the WWE, they would tell me to lose 50 lbs, but it would have nothing with getting the “look”. LOL Riley is just one of many guys that was told differently.

Trent wrote…

“On the subject of Bucci and what he told people at previous camps about steroids. I heard from someone else in the business that Bucci did not tell people to take steroids, BUT......He did tell them to get big and get the look. He said at the camps he couldn't tell them to take steroids, but that he personally saw nothing wrong with them. So, it sounds like he did strongly suggest for Indy guys around here to do whatever it took to get "The look". Pretty sickening really. Trent”

----Trent is right – pretty sickening. I will stick by my source. And Trent is probably right here in that he told others that he could not tell them to get on roids, but told them to get the look and get big. How do you do that?? Get on the juice!!