Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Five Starr going to New Blood???

----Well, there might be more to the Dustin "Five" Starr story than I first anticipated. I talked with NBW’s Jeff McDonald and he said, “ I would love to have Starr. I promise you I would pay him more than they are in Ripley, TN.” He also said that he wasn’t really a person that would go after other people’s talent, but TLCW is packed. This could get real interesting. I feel Starr is happy working with TLCW and the talent pool there, but if the right amount money would get him at TLCW. He would also have more control over his direction. It will be interesting to see where this story goes.

---For those that might think the idea of a guy from one of the groups jumping is not feasible or just plain ridiculous, then please take notes. A guy working TLCW makes anywhere from $10 to $75. I actually think that since the crew has less people in the last few weeks, but have had the same size crowd, that most guys are making $35 to $50 a show. I do know that when Bill Dundee and Kevin White work, then they are paid more than that. Flash Flanagan and Derrick King has been a major part in getting Starr over with TLCW and might feel it a stab in the back if Starr would leave. But, at this level guys, no promoter or booker should take it personally. If you have more opportunity and more pay, then go for it. Just think of it this way, if Starr is bringing in say $200 a month at TLCW and NBW says I will give you $350 a month, should he take it?? I think he should and would.