Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ronnie Spence Responds to Loose Cannon

This is a response to Loose Cannon’s attack on me. I talked to him and told him that I had called Pedro of the Hambones about the ring. He said he had heard that my show was cancelled and I told him it was not. On Saturday, November 11, Cannon leaves me a note telling me to call him at 8:30 PM. When I got the note, I called Tony Stone and Aaron Polston and ask them both if they knew why Cannon wanted me to call. Well a few days later Aaron Polston called me and told me that he thought that the reason Cannon wanted me to call is that they were going to tell me that I had no ring for the 11.18.06 show. I called Hambone and he said that he would rent the ring to me, but the more I thought about it the more I knew I had to get another ring.

Speaking of paying for the ring, I have always paid Hambones the amount we agreed on and if a show was cancelled it was because of a conflict in schedule – one show was cancelled and rescheduled because the ring didn’t show up. Yes, Cannon did help promote with NWF, but he did more damage than good. I would have a sponsor and he would say something like “we can get Jeff Jarrett in here” so far and so on – not for a $25 sponsor. I don’t think he meant to do damage. Cannon loves wrestling so much he wanted whatever promotion he was working for to be big. Funny thing I am so bad about paying workers, but yet I can get workers to work for me. So, I don’t guess I am too bad about paying workers. Workers know when they come to my shows there is no guarantee of pay. I wish there was.

I plan on doing 4 shows a year. When NWF was packing out Armories and Community Centers drawing crowds in attendance of 150 to 400 it was done because we put on good quality shows and didn’t run a town to death. We ran a circuit of about 6 to 7 towns and we had a good following that would follow us from one show to the next. We hit each town about every 2 to 3 months. That is what I plan to do later, but about 4 shows a year is all that can be a success. I am not here to get into any federation wars, but I am going to promote to the best of my ability and to bring good quality shows to the area. It really does not matter what other promoters do, because I don’t care. The fans will decide.

Ronnie Spence
NWF Wrestling

----This is will be all that is said about the NWF vs Cannon thing. I thought it was only fair to let Spence to reply since things had been said about him here. A few things I would like to add and don’t think I am taking sides here. I know that promoting is a very hard job and I will write stories on the actually events & such. The Hambones took the date with Spence before they were running regular ACW shows. I feel the ACW promotion was upset that they were working the NWF show and put pressure on them. Or made Spence think that Hambones were not bringing the ring. I was told as of Tuesday of that week, by Leroy Hambone – “I have not heard from Spence.” When someone leaves you a message – call them, not other people. The deal where Cannon may have told people about Jarrett. Well, that is normal for promoters to say that and is the truth if you can get enough sponsors. I am not telling Spence or anybody else probably reading this anything – but no matter what your pay record is – you will get people to work for you. And, finally, if the NWF runs another show with legends are guys like Austin Lane, they will get my ticket money.